Sunday, December 11, 2011

A few highlights from the week

I did a lot of crockin' this week.  I made the creamy chicken and wild rice soup that I found here Thrifty Chick blog.  It was pretty good, and very easy.  I really like recipes that have little to no prep because I'm usually preparing it in the morning, in a hurry.  I would make this again, but it is VERY thick like she says.  I would try to thin it out a bit. 

I also made the mac and cheese from the above thrifty chick link.  It was good too, I think next time instead of using all cheddar cheese I would use another kind to spice it up a bit! 


Alas, I have saved the best for last.  It may be a little odd to have this as a main course, but they were yummy!! Sausage and Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms from Allrecipes.
I'm not sure if they look that good in the picture, but they are delish!  The recipe said to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, but I just mixed it into the mixture.

2 comments:

  1. Yum-O! I made crock pot chicken and rice soup last week too! I'm making crock pot enchilada soup this week - I'll post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I made another soup tonight that I will be posting!

    ReplyDelete